The History of Lake County Nursery
The roots of Lake County Nursery were originally planted on a quarter of an acre of land in Painesville, Ohio by Felix Zampini in 1948. At that time, the nursery was known by the name Felix Zampini and Sons Nursery.
By 1962, the nursery had moved to the existing site in Perry, Ohio and grew to forty acres. Felix’s son, Jim Zampini, then assumed total ownership and management of the nursery. The name was changed to Lake County Nursery Exchange, and continued to grow to over 350 acres.
In 1977, Jim introduced Malus Weeping Candied Apple® and the new plant division was born. We have proudly introduced over 125 new varieties to the industry to date.
In 1986, the name was shortened to Lake County Nursery but continued to grow under Jim’s leadership.
In 2009, Jim sold the nursery to the existing management team of Jeff Hyrne, Joe Zampini and Bob Pettorini who have added to the legacy of Lake County Nursery by continuing to serve our customers with quality plants, outstanding service, and great relationships.
Today, we provide a wide selection of trees, shrubs, perennials, ornamental grasses and evergreens. We offer the most popular, tried and true plant varieties, our LCN Selections, along with other branded varieties of plants that our customers have come to expect from our 350 acre wholesale nursery.